You are here
I have said it before, but I am a freak for Mexican food. My favorite food genre by far, I could eat it everyday. We usually do taco night on Wednesday nights, but lately I have gotten the urge to switch things up. This week I decided to make Mexican Rice Bowls. Matt and I both agreed they were incredible and we will be making them often. If you pre-chop the toppings, this takes no time to assemble and cook, it is such an easy weeknight meal. We used ground beef in ours, but you could easily substitute chicken, turkey, shrimp or even just do all vegetarian. Honestly, I thought it was great with just the veggies!
:: M E X I C A N R I C E B O W L S ::
- 1 cup uncooked white rice (cook according to bag)
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 2 jalapenos diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Mexican Queso
- Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Tortillas for side
* Cook rice according to box/bag instructions (we found one cup was plenty for both of us with leftovers).
* Cook ground beef and season with taco seasoning (we make homemade seasoning, recipe HERE).
* Peel ears of corn and wrap in foil. Bake in oven at 350 degrees about 30 minutes. Chop kernels off corn after it has slightly cooled.
* Heat up queso on stove or in microwave.
* Start layering bowls, start with rice, ground beef, queso, and then all other ingredients.
* Heat tortillas in oven or microwave, roll, and place on side of bowl (totally optional but we liked it to dip in). Top with salsa and sour cream and serve!
Previous Blogs By This Author
Posted: 1 year 11 months ago
Posted: 1 year 3 months ago
Posted: 1 year 7 months ago