Breakfast: The most important meal of the day
So apparently September is National Breakfast month, along with several other things. Don’t ask me why I look at these things, but I do.
I’m one of those people that can’t function without breakfast. Knowing that a warm cup of coffee awaits me in the kitchen is what gets me out of bed.
Well, technically the coffee isn’t actually ready right when I wake up. I use a French press, which requires a little more effort, but I’m ok with that. I’ve gotten a nice routine down. Turn the kettle on to boil while in the shower, water is boiling when I get out, pour into the press and let set while getting dressed, and voilà!
As for the food part of things, I was recently on an English muffin, egg, and avocado kick. I’m literally ate this for breakfast every morning for about two months straight. This is not some gourmet, involved recipe. It’s just a simple breakfast that tastes delicious. I wanted to keep it real and share a breakfast idea that’s doable in the mornings when time is valuable. However, if you don’t want the hassle of making it yourself, I recommend you stop in The Park Café for a slice of their avocado toast (just ask for an egg on top!)
Avocado & Egg Breakfast Muffin
1 Whole Wheat English muffin
Texas Pete Hot Sauce (or hot sauce of preference)
1. Slice open an English muffin and place the two halves in a toaster oven. Toast until the edges brown.
2. While the muffin is toasting, heat a small non-stick skillet with olive oil and fry an egg. Careful not to overcook, you want the yolk to be runny. Season with a small amount Lawry’s seasoning salt.
3. Slice one half of an avocado into pieces and place on the muffin once it has finished toasting. Add a few dashes of hot sauce (to your preference).
4. Slice a tomato and place on top of the avocado.
5. Finish off by topping it all with the fried egg.
Shop some of my favorite breakfast essentials below.