8 Outdoor Happy Hours in Downtown Charleston
A few years ago, we posted a blog on the 10 Best Outdoor Happy Hours in Downtown Charleston. In the past 3 years things have changed a little in Charleston, so we’re updating the list. In no particular order, here are my favorites:
Party on the Patio
1. Edmund’s Oast – Everything is $4 on Edmunds’s Oasts rotating happy hour menu, including the sticky peanut wings, which are my favorite.
2. Recovery Room – Nothing makes your wallet happier than $3 well drinks, $1.25 PBR and $3.50 craft beers. Grab a seat on the patio between 4-8 p.m. and enjoy your cold beverage while your friends are sitting in traffic.
3. Fuel* – If it’s a nice day, then Fuel’s entire restaurant feels like a patio bar, but my favorite seat is outside, under the pergola, with an $8 Cadillac Margarita in my hand. It’s not the cheapest margarita around, but sipping that tequila in a little oasis right between the busy streets of Spring St., Rutledge Ave., and Cannon St. is a true pleasure.
4. The Royal American – Cozy up to the bar Monday-Friday for your happy hour drink and then walk back out into the light for a low-key and relaxing happy hour on the expansive porch.
Sippin’ in the Space Between
5. The Cocktail Club – I like places that switch things up and keep me on my toes. The Cocktail Club fits that mold in several ways. Is their outdoor space a patio or a rooftop? It’s a second floor back patio that you do have to climb some stair to get too… hmm… I’ll let you decide for yourself, but for now, I’ll put it in the space between.
The Cocktail Club mixes things up mid-way through the week. It has a pretty standard happy hour Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. But, on Wednesday, the crew offers a special bourbon happy hour.
Rage on the Roof
6. Stars Rooftop Bar – While I prefer Stars for Sunday Funday (low-priced mimosas and bloody mary’s), they’ve got a decent happy hour as well. You can get a Yuengling or Bud Light for just $2 or any of their tap wines for $5.
7. The Watch Rooftop Kitchen & Spirits* – Feeling fancy? Sunset Hour – The Watch’s version of happy hour – is Monday through Thursday from 4-7 p.m. While the drink specials aren’t as discounted as some of the other rooftop bars on this list, I’m willing to pay a little extra for this view.
8. The Vendue – If you want breathtaking views of the Charleston Harbor, Waterfront Park and the Ravenel Bridge, then look no further than The Vendue. Happy hour is the best time to go, too, because you’ll beat the crowds and get your bubbly just a little bit cheaper.
*new to the list