As Charleston continues to grow into a larger and more popular city, it's fun to meet natives or locals who grew up here.
So much has changed in the past several decades yet some things just remain the same.
You may understand this if you grew up here. See for yourself with our top 14 things you would recognize/know.
(Image from Zero George)
1) You have your favorite beach picked out.
(Image from Best in Beach)
2. You know how to pronounce Huger correctly (it's HOO-JEE).
3. Mayor Riley is a local icon and you see him anywhere.
4. You have the Blessing Of The Fleet on your calendar.
(Image from Post and Courier)
5. You always say "ya'll"
6. You're favorite shopping area is King Street.
7. Hootie and The Blowfish concert is always on your calendar.
8. You run into your highschool prom house at Shem Creek without fail (and it's been over 5 years).
9. "Buy Local" is taken seriously.
10. You buy your local shrimp from Shem Crek in Mount Pleasant or from Simmons Seafood on Isle of Palms. Really, you buy your shrimp anywhere local. (Emphasis on #9)
(Local shrimpers in Shem Creek in Mount Pleasant. Image from Post and Courier)
11. Boating. Every Charlestonian's favorite weekend pasttime. If you don't have one, you know someone who does.
(Image from BoatBound)
12. Riding in a golf cart to the grocery store, dinner or beach is a normal sight.
13. Paddleboarding or kayaking in Shem Creek or in your backyard is a common weekend occurance.
(Image from Google)
14. Seeing Darius Rucker or Bill Murray is just comical. You walk on by and just say hi!
(Image by Hootie and The Blowfish)
**Article is written for fun and laughs. Have anything fun you want to add? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org**
Follow us on Instagram @charlestongrit for more local fun! #chsgrit