Om Close to Home
Sure, a spa stay in a fancy resort town sounds great, but some busy women only have time to find their Om close to home.
For these busy women, there is the first Charleston Women’s Wellness Weekend February 2-5.
The weekend is the “passion project” of Woodhouse Day Spa owner Kim Powell, who explains, “I realize we’re all going nonstop and to try to plan a trip and then spend a ton of money…it’s almost like another job. We live in this amazing world-class city, why don’t we take advantage of what we have? It’s a staycation.”
The logical partner was the Cottages of Charleston Harbor, which Powell already used as her own retreat at times.
The weekend includes:
- guided meditation, yoga by the bay and poolside Pilates
- private chef dinners & demonstrations from the award-winning Chef Laurie of Canyon Ranch
- inspirational speakers on wellness, balance and crafting your best self- including Julianne Taylor of Taylor Burke Home.
- signed Charleston-themed books by New York Times best selling author, Karen White
- lunch baskets hand-delivered to the cottages
- guests of honor for each of three private fireside dinners
- morning coffee chats with words of inspiration
- private Pure Barre class & daily morning workouts
- a private spa day at Woodhouse Day Spa with multiple services
- and giveaways like pajamas, robes and nightly gift bags
Each cottage sleeps two women and there is room for 16 women, but Powell says it’s not necessary for cottage-mates to know one another since the bedrooms have private bathrooms and their own entrances.
The weekend is $2,500 and everything, even gratuities, is included.
“My goal is that you come away a little more centered, a little more still, with a vision for the year and for life,” Powell says. “It’s about shedding off some of the tension you come in with and have focus and intention on the year coming up, so that you are able to execute a better year for yourself. I hope you come away inspired. We’re not putting you on a diet, we’re not telling you what to do, we’re just giving you time to connect with others, to dream a little, to nourish your spirit, and to soothe your soul.”
To sign up, find the Women’s Wellness Weekend on Facebook, or online