Every Halloween, I tell myself I’m going to really go all out! Hair, makeup, costume—the whole nine. Well, this never actually happens, and I end up waiting until the night before and throwing something together in classic Spencer fashion. What can I say? I work well under the pressure of a deadline.
This year, I am most likely going to continue the tradition of waiting until the very last moment, much to the dismay of my work family, who has decided to have a Game of Thrones–themed Halloween at Lava Salon.
Earlier this week, I was lucky enough to work on a spirit animal–themed photo shoot, and the inspiration was a flamingo. Animals are the easiest thing to pull off when you’re in a crunch for Halloween costume ideas.
1. Apply Jonny Cosmetics Shadow Magnet all over the eyelid. Shadow Magnet is a long-lasting primer that prevents creasing, extends the life of your shadow, and provides a base for highly pigmented shadows to adhere to.
2. With a flat shadow brush, apply Jonny Shadow in Snow White over inner corner and upper brow bone and Lolita shadow on the lid just into the crease, as well as underneath the bottom lash line.
3. With a pointed crease brush, apply Jonny Blackest Black to the outer corner and along the crease. Be careful in the crease as to not take away from the Lolita shadow.
4. With a fluffy blending shadow brush, lightly blend the two shadows, creating a smoky gradient effect.
5. Apply liquid black eyeliner to the top of the lid. Play with a design, like a cat eye! The bolder and longer the better.
6. Everyone knows I love lashes! The Wild Collection by Ardell has always been one of my favorites! There really are no rules with lashes for this look. I chose a long, black feather band lash. Use a black mascara beforehand, and apply the lashes.
7. I chose to top off the look with Jonny Taffy lip liner and Fuschia Super Gloss.
This look took about 30 minutes from start to finish. Stop in and visit me at Lava Salon or go to jonnycosmetics.com for more cosmetics and tools!