Celebrate July 4th: The Annual Salute from the Shore
Put on your red, white and blue and head out to the South Carolina beaches this July 4th for an all-American patriotic experience like nothing else – the 9th annual Salute from the Shore – a wonderful military flyover along the entire South Carolina coast, honoring our active military forces. This one-of-a-kind celebration includes vintage planes and modern military aircraft.
The first Salute from the Shore took place on July 4, 2010, and the rest is history. Each July 4th since then, crowds have grown to cheer and wave as the planes fly one-by-one along the shoreline. The inaugural flyover – assisted by a C-17 from Charleston AFB – resulted in an overwhelming outpouring of personal messages, stories and support from those who participated.
Everyone is encouraged to join in by sharing photos, personal tributes, videos and anything else from the event on the Salute from the Shore website and Facebook pages. All beaches north and south along the South Carolina coast - including Isle of Palms, Sullivan's, and Folly - will be able to participate in this beautiful tribute in the air.
Organizers of the event coordinate this massive effort with other local events, tourism entities, military groups, non-profit organizations and businesses that share the desire to honor our armed forces.
If you’d like to show your support for Salute from the Shore and help celebrate our Armed Forces, you can do any or all of the following:
- Head to the South Carolina coast by 1 PM on the 4th of July.
- Go “BIG!” Get a huge American flag or get creative.
- Record your Salute on camera and share it with the world - on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, a blog, or any other place you want.
- Photos of the aircraft are great.
- Photos of people Saluting aircraft are better.
- Tag your Salute images and videos with #SalutefromtheShore
- Share your tribute: make it personal. Whether you love someone serving overseas or remember a fallen hero, share your tribute.
Salute from the Shore is a non-profit, grassroots group of patriotic South Carolinians who simply want to honor the armed forces. The organization recognizes it is because of their service and sacrifice that citizens are able to celebrate their freedom from the very shores they endlessly strive to protect.
Get out and celebrate Independence Day with Salute from the Shore! Happy July 4th!