Part of Grit's "Crib Sheets" series—Your totally local guide to getting through the back-to-school season. Also check out...
* These crazy helpful tips for new CofC students. Some may surprise even you long-time locals...
* 10 smart looks for the school year kids' version. (Stay tuned... hot looks for college kids are coming later in the week...)
* Should you channel Van Wilder? Why college kids should hold onto their meal card like grim death
* How young professionals can retain their dignity in a college town 5 tips for ducking the vomitous coeds
* What Back to School looked like in 1970s Super '70s photos, "sizzle dresses" and all
* 6 (Ahem) wise choices to make in college (like for instance, when you discover your roomie spraying perfume down her drawers... like that)
* A life lesson on how school never stops and where some of your very best teachers can be found...
So you're off to college—you have your mini-fridge, but do you have the wardrobe? Chances are your closet space (much like your funds) is pretty tight, so choosing versatile pieces that you can wear a lot of different ways will give you more bang for your buck.
Focus on comfortable, stylish items you can wear over and over.
First row: Crop Tie Top; Simple Tote (carry everything you need for class in here); Gingham Shirt (great alone or for layering); Vintage Cords
Second row: Leather Bar Wrap Bracelet; King Tut IPhone Case; Serrano Sneakers
Third row: Peach Sneakers (get some air, walk to class); Baseball Mini Dress (no better time to wear a baseball tee dress than now); Leather Tablet Case; Henley Tee (again, great alone and layered)