calling all artists: chs county public library WANTS you!
The Saul Alexander Foundation Gallery holds exhibits for professional juried art shows. It is located inside the main Public Library downtown on Calhoun Street.
This is a wonderful opportunity for young professional artists looking for exposure, resume boosting or a proud way to showcase your work locally.
Gallery submissions are open until September 30th with preference give towards artwork pieces featuring experiences and viewpoints of the South Carolina residents.
The opportunity is opened to groups or solo artists who want to exhibit in a centralized exhibit in the local library. The deadline for this is September 30th, 2017.
The works of each selected artist or group that is chosen, will be exhibited for one month starting in February of 2018.
Guidelines are as follows:
- Artists must submit a current resume and 8 to 12 examples of their work in the form of photographs, CDs or other electronic media appropriate for display to the Charleston County Public Library Gallery Committee.
- Examples submitted must be representative of the work intended for display and appropriately labeled with the artist's name, the title, medium, and size.
- Artists must be at least 18 years old to be considered by the gallery committee.
- The work should not have been previously exhibited at the library. Preference will be given to newly created works.
- After the Charleston County Public Library Gallery Committee has met to select those artists who will display in the following year, those selected will be notified and assigned their exhibition month.
Deadline ends September 30th!
The director of the library has final approval for all exhibits. More information can be found here.