Taste of Folly 2021: January 22nd - February 7th
THIS IS A MULTI-DAY EVENT FROM 1/22-2/7/2021
Taste of Folly goes virtual this year with a Virtual "Taste Passport" and "Cocktail Competition"!
Taste of Folly will be comprised of a virtual "Taste Passport" and a "Cocktail Competition" to island that will last from Fri Jan 22nd to Sunday Feb 7th!
Only those that purchase the "Taste Passport" can vote on the "Best Restaurant" and those that purchase the "Cocktail Competition" add-on can vote on the "Best Cocktail".
Socially distanced/streaming events to take place as follows:
- Server Olympics and Oyster Shucking Contest - Sat Jan 23rd - 3-6pm @The Washout Restaurant (Attendance to be limited - first come, first serve]
- Bert's Infamous Hot Dog Eating Contest - Sat Jan 23rd (times to be individually assigned)
- Vendor Market Hop - Sat Jan 30th 11-4pm all over the island.
- Rain Date for either in-person event Sat. Feb 6th
Taste Passport Details
Upon purchase of this passport; nibble your way around the island to get "stamps" in your passport! The more "stamps" you get; the more drawings you will be entered in to win prizes! Purchase required [dine or take out]! Prizes range from free nights on the island, to dining gift cards, to free swag!
- 12 or more restaurants - Free Night at Water's Edge Inn, Beach Chairs and Umbrella for two, one 60 minute Massage and Dinner Gift Card
- 10 or more restaurants - Golf Cart Rental for the day, Pub Tour Downtown and dining gift card
- 8 or more restaurants - Half Day Moped Rental, leather goods, and dining gift card
- 5 or more restaurants - Kayak rental for two, dining gift card, and swag
Cocktail Competition Details
Upon purchase; sip your way around the island to find your favorite featured cocktail! Purchase Required - dine in only.
Cannon Distillery will be the Official Sponsor of the Cocktail Competition. Restaurants can use any of the 6 spirits that Cannon offers [4 vodkas and 2 whiskeys].
- All cocktails featuring a Cannon product will be discounted to $5.00.
Note that the "Cocktail Competition" is an add-on purchase to the "Taste Passport".
***UPDATE*** As part of Taste of Folly we got approved to hold some in-person events! Attendance will be limited but Taste of Folly just wouldn't be the same without them!
Server Olympics and Oyster Shucking Contest - Sat Jan 23rd - 3-6pm @The Washout Restaurant (Attendance to be limited - first come, first serve]
Server Olympics Sign Up: https://forms.gle/1XomfnZAHgw2fN5M8
Oyster Shucking Sign Up:https://forms.gle/Avgtv9eVXugw3too6
Bert's Infamous Hot Dog Eating Contest @Berts - Sat Jan 23rd (times to be individually assigned)
Bert's Hot Dog Eating Sign Up: https://forms.gle/32RW8wvm5rkY4y2R9
Vendor Market Hop - Sat Jan 30th 11-4pm all over the island.
Rain Date for either in-person event Sat. Feb 6th