2021 Save the Light Half Marathon & 5K
Both races are USATF-certified and start and finish near the Folly Beach Pier.
A half-marathon and 5K to support the preservation of the Morris Island Lighthouse by Save The Light, a grassroots non-profit organization that formed in 2000 to save the Morris Island Lighthouse from being lost to the sea. Both races are USATF-certified and start and finish near the Folly Beach Pier. Half Marathon is a run only event. The 5K is open to runners and walkers.
Registration & Race Information
- Registeronlineor by calling (843) 795-4386. Preregistration is required and ends by phone at 5:30 p.m. and online at 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, January 20.
- On-site registration will not be available.
- Spaces are limited and event is expected to sell out.
- There will be two distinct race times:
- Half Marathon starts at 8:00 a.m.
- 5K starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Early arrival recommended to allow time for parking.
- There will be no packet pick up. Bibs will be mailed via USPS prior to the race - please make sure your mailing address is complete and accurate.
- There will be no awards ceremony held on-site post-race. Awards and t-shirts will be mailed post-race. Posters will be available for pick-up on-site the day of the race.
- Bibs are required.
- Water stations will be available on course. Pre-filled, personal water bottles are highly recommended.
- Earbuds or pets are not allowed on the course. Strollers are only allowed in the 5K, and those with strollers must start behind the runners/walkers.
- Participants, staff, and volunteers permitted on-site only. Please, no spectators at this time.
We reserve the right to use photos or videos taken of visitors while they are at Charleston County Park & Recreation Commission facilities or events for publicity purposes. Please lock your vehicle, and remove valuables from view. CCPRC is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property. Park fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.